new zealand vacation, accomodation, travel information, flight, car rental

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Lord of the Rings at Deer Park, Queenstown

Finally, for the fans of Lord of The Rings (LOTR), here is a photo for you. Though having watched two of the movies, I have to admit I am no fan of the trilogy movies. However, I am a keen fan (read as fanatic) of New Zealand.

When I went up to Deer Park, it was not my intention to see the spots where the movie was filmed. My guide explained and pointed out some of the LOTR stuff but they simply didn’t register in my head! I was not paying attention and neither did I take any photos of the LOTR stuff. Instead of “Wow, LOTR!”, I was in my own fanatic world and my eyes were “Wow, Queenstown!”.

My New Zealand Vacation, The Remarkables, Deer Park, Queenstown, Pano142
(click for larger photo)
The Remarkables
Deer Park, Queenstown, Aug 2006

The above mountain range is known as The Remarkables. In The Two Towers, the scene of the Rohan refugees making their way round a pool of water was filmed at this spot with The Remarkables in the background.

The view from Deer Park is so breathtaking! Someday when you are in Queenstown, do remember to visit Deer Park to experience it for yourself; to see as far as you could see, to feel the cool breeze and to enjoy the warmth of the sun on both East & West Summit.

Your visit to Deer Park would not be complete without seeing this beautiful animal at close range:

My New Zealand Vacation, Deer Park, Queenstown, Photo20709
(click for larger photo)
Deer Park, Queenstown, Aug 2006

No comments:

Want more info? Search Google!
Google
the web this blog